News and eventsPhD study: Topics offered for academic year 2020/21
In the academic year 2020/21 the Institute for Sociology is opening up to three full time positions and an unlimited number of part time positions in our sociology PhD study programme.
Our doctoral students will enjoy the opportunity to do their studies at a workplace which participates in programmes of international comparative research such as the ISSP (International Social Survey Programme) and EVS (European Values Study), is a publisher of the flagship sociology journal in Slovakia Sociológia – Slovak Sociological Review indexed in the Current Contents database and operates the Slovak Archive of Social Data (SASD) which is the national service provider of CESSDA ERIC.
Prospective PhD students may choose from one of the topics listed below:
1. Early tracking in the educational system and intergenerational reproduction of social inequality in Slovakia
(Supervisor: Miloslav Bahna) Form: full time/ part time
2. Labor Interest Organization and Representation in Slovakia
(Supervisor: Monika Čambáliková) Form: full time/ part time
3. Illegal drug users and their social control in Slovakia
(Supervisor: Róbert Klobucký) Form: full time/ part time
4. Talking about the family's past and its social functions. Qualitative research.
(Supervisor: Zuzana Kusá) Form: full time/ part time
5. Visualization of politics in Slovakia after 1989
(Supervisor: Silvia Miháliková) Form: full time/ part time
6. Churches as an actor in the health care system in Slovakia
(Supervisor: Miroslav Tížik) Form: full time/ part time